Hand Spun

Hand Spun
Campfire Hat

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bizarre occurence!

My spinning wheels re-named themselves. I'm not sure how it happened. This weekend while spinning, I realized my Kromski's name was "Suzanna" because I kept thinking of her like that. Then yesterday, my Majacraft became "Rowenna". I know this is odd because first, who names inanimate objects and then changes the names, right? Second, who admits to having the objects "speak" to them? Well I can't help it. I think it's a very personal thing. Like men who name their firearms or knives or swords or whatever. These are my tools and I've named them (and then re-named them). :) These names just feel right though and they are going to stick. Suzanna is a lovely, hard working, trustworthy and reliable name. Rowenna is a slightly exotic, beautiful and solid name. Both of these feel right for my wonderful spinning wheels. Am I crazy??

1 comment:

  1. Nope, you are not crazy one bit! I do the same thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete