Hand Spun

Hand Spun
Campfire Hat

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crocheting Bandages for the Bandage Brigade!

I was looking on Ravelry.com for some easy patterns and ran across a pattern for crocheted bandages. When I clicked the link out of curiosity, I found an amazing group of people doing amazing work. Here's the link.
http://leprosybandages.blogspot.com/

I went out last weekend and bought a huge roll of mercerized #10 cotton thread at Hobby Lobby. It only cost me $13.00 for almost 3000 yards of the thread. I started to crochet this week and I almost have one bandage done. They prefer white or ecru #10 mercerized cotton bandages 3-4" wide and 48" long. I think what they're doing is wonderful and although my efforts may not seem like much  I want to help so I'm crocheting as many of these as I can before the end of April . Then I'll mail the lot of them to the D.O.V.E. fund. I've asked my craft group if they want to help too. It seems small, but imagine how many I'll have to send in two months....
Here's the link to the instructions for making bandages. http://leprosybandages.blogspot.com/2008/06/updated-instructions-for-making-leprosy.html

1 comment: