Hand Spun

Hand Spun
Campfire Hat

Sunday, February 21, 2021

 


I can’t believe I’m adding another post here. It’s been AGES since I posted. I’ve left social media as such, and I’m in my last semester of graduate school. Since the summer of 2017 I’ve been trying to stay in the mountains as often as possible. My graduate program includes summer classes, so the summer of 2021 promises to be the most freedom I’ve had since the summer of 2017. 

We’ve all had setbacks with the pandemic. Life will likely never be the same. Not all change is bad. Having said that, I’ve also had several surgeries on my left foot since fracturing it in 2018. I have enough metal in there now to set off the alarm at the airport. My latest was a double joint fusion in September of 2020. I’m healing still - doing my own PT because I have no time to go to any appointments for it. I work full time, go to school to complete my last few classes, and I work a part time internship I have to complete to earn my degree. It’s crazy busy, but my husband picks up the slack where I can’t, and we’re making it through. 

The weather the last few days has had me a bit droopy. It’s cold, we’ve had a lot of snow (NOT complaining about the snow though!), and I’m feeling the lack of time in nature. I took up rock hounding and lapidary pursuits while unable to physically hike. It has helped to be able to get into the outdoors and find agates and jaspers. Hard to believe it’s 2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment